This is a checklist for someone who’s been asked to train people at a centre to make a digital story and to leave some skills behind so people at that centre can continue to make stories after the initial trainer’s moved on…
I wouldn’t expect every machine at most centres in this country to be capable of producing video. That may not beÂ a problem though. Here are examples of questions to ask about the computers:
– got both Firewire and USB 2 ports?
– got more that 512MB of ram?
– got soundcard and video card?
– got hard drive of more than 40GB?
– got DVD burner?
– are administrator permissions set up so video can be stored and produced?
– got the same software as in the instruction manuals left behind there?