2. Have a big whallop at the start.
3. Start with a promise of something you’re going to deliver
4. Surprise them
5. Try to think of a brand new idea.
6. Keep giving them reasons not to turn off
7. Try to make what you do appeal to _everybody_, then you’ve a chance of making it somebody’s favourite.
8. If you’re stuck for inspiration: stare out of the window, think of something and then write it down. Do that again.
9. “A good day is one when I _finish_ a script”
(source: notes I took at a conversation between Steven Moffat and Huw Edwards at a BBC Wales event on 19 June 2012)